These additional benefits may include prescription drug coverage as well as dental, hearing, and eye care coverage. In fact, select Wellcare Medicare Advantage members can receive up to $2,500 in additional dental, eye or hearing care each year with their Visa Flex card. According to federal and state civil rights laws, Health Plans, Inc. does not discriminate against any race, color, national origin, age, disability, or gender.
[maxbutton id=”5″ ]
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
Medicare Advantage plans are offered by several private insurers, including Wellcare Medicare Login. To take advantage of all programs and plans, you must first register on www.wellcare.com for official Wellcare Medicare Login. For successful registration, we have provided the registration procedure that you must follow.
Enrollment Steps And Stages
Below are the steps and phases of the registration process.
Ready to join a Wellcare Medicare Advantage or prescription drug plan? There are four easy ways to register. choose what suits you best.
Online: Choose your plan and complete your online application.
By Phone Contact: We and one of our authorized sales and registration representatives will assist you with the registration process.
By Mail Or Fax: Download and print your application form. Once you have completed it, send it to us by mail or fax. If you need assistance, please contact us to speak with an authorized sales representative.
Use our Need a Plan tool to find and access your plan information and documents, including your application for enrollment. Click “I want more information about this plan” after you find the plan you want. You will be redirected to the plan overview page. Here you can access the membership form, plan information, and other important documents.
At Medicare.gov. You can participate in the Wellcare Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Pan through the Medicare Plan Finder.
When To Enroll?
You can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, get Medicare drug coverage, or change your coverage at certain points in time:
The enrollment period for initial enrollment. You can join a Wellcare Medicare Login plan when you first qualify. This is the 7 month period starting 3 months before your 65th birthday month.
Open enrollment period. Medicare Advantage or Medicare Drug Plans can be joined, changed, or canceled from October 15 to December 7 of each year. If you have made a change, your insurance coverage will begin on January 1 of the following year.
Wellcare Medicare Advantage open enrollment period. You can switch from a Wellcare Medicare Advantage plan (and a separate Medicare drug plan) once between January 1 and March 31 each year if you are enrolled in a Wellcare Medicare Advantage plan. The plan will begin to implement your requested changes on the first day of the following month after it receives your request.
special term. In most cases, you must remain enrolled in your plan for the calendar year from the start date of your coverage. You may be able to make changes to your Medicare health and drug coverage if certain life events occur (such as leaving your plan’s coverage area or losing other coverage).
Who Can Enroll?
You may qualify for Wellcare Medicare Advantage if you meet one of the following eligibility requirements.
- You live in the area covered by our rate
- Do you have Medicare Parts A and B?
Where Can I Use The Flex Wellcare Card?
Members of Wellcare Medicare Rx Advantage can take advantage of more flexibility with the Wellcare Flex Card. A pre-loaded Flex Card allows you to receive benefits from your dental, vision, and/or hearing plans, as well as the cover, covered expenses.
- With the Flex card, you can pay up to $2,500 a year for dental, eye or hearing care. Any provider who accepts Visa and offers dental, eye, and hearing aid services can accept your Flex Card.
- Not all ancillary services are available in all markets and you cannot use the card for non-medical procedures such as surgery. B. use of aesthetic dental care.
- Find out if the Flex Card is available in your area by speaking to a licensed insurance agent. You can also find out if available plans offer dental, hearing, or eye care.
- Talk to a licensed insurance agent at 1-866-409-0109 TTY Users: 711 24/7.
Wellcare Medicare Advantage Plans
Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans offer the same benefits as Original Medicare (Hospital Part A and Health Part B). These plans may also provide service options that Original Medicare does not.
These additional benefits may include coverage for prescription drugs, dental, vision, hearing, etc.
- Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans generally come in two popular health plan types: HMO plans and PPO plans.
- A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan typically requires a beneficiary to select a primary care physician (PCP) to coordinate their care. The beneficiary consults their primary care physician for most care, and that physician usually provides treatment or refers the patient to a specialist in the plan’s network of care Wellcare Medicare Providers.
- HMO health plan beneficiaries generally do not receive coverage for out-of-network visits, except for emergencies or out-of-network kidney dialysis. If you receive medical care outside your HMO plan’s network, you may be responsible for 100% of the cost of your care (except in an emergency).
- With a Medicare Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan, it is not necessary for beneficiaries to designate a primary care physician or to obtain referrals to specialists.
- PPO plan members are generally free to visit Wellcare Medicare Providers within their plan network or outside their plan network. If a beneficiary receives care outside their PPO plan’s provider network, they will likely incur higher expenses.
Advantage Benefits Of The Portal
Wellcare Medicare Login offers have advantages and disadvantages:
- Company Strength: In 2020, Centene completed the acquisition of Wellcare and the combined companies increased their presence in the Medicare Advantage market from 1.24% in 2020 to 4.14% of the market in 2021.
- Some Wellcare Medicare Login plans include the Flex Card, which is pre-loaded with additional credits that members can use for dental, visual, and hearing benefits once their coverage is exhausted.
- Additional benefits for chronic patients: Some plans include special benefits for chronic patients, including meals, incidentals, and concierge coverage.
- Part B premium coverage: Some plans include a reimbursement benefit that reimburses all or part of your Medicare Part B premium.
Wellcare Medicare Advantage gives most members access to dental, vision, and hearing protection, unlike Original Medicare. Many of their plans offer other benefits as well. Here are some highlights:
Flex Card: Depending on your plan and service area, some members may have access to a pre-loaded Visa debit card between $200 and $2,500, which can be used to pay for dental, eye, or hearing care in excess of diet coverage.
Over-The-Counter Benefit: Some plan members may receive a subsidy to use over-the-counter items such as cough and cold medicine, first aid items, vitamins, and pain relievers. Some plans include gym or fitness center memberships as part of their fitness benefits.
Meal Delivery: Some plans include free meal delivery for a certain number of days at no additional cost.
Telemedicine: Many plans cover telemedicine video visits at no additional cost.
[table id=1 /]
Know The Costs Of The Plans
You can find out how much a Medicare Advantage plan costs by looking at your plan, your geographic location, and your health needs. You should consider the premium for the plan as well. As of 2022, Wellcare Medicare Advantage premiums range from $0 to $286 per month. Of Wellcare’s HMO, PPO, and PFFS plans, about seven in ten offer a $0 premium. Premiums for Special Needs plans range between $0 and $40.70. Only about 2.3% of Special Needs plans offer a $0 bonus.
Even as a Medicare Advantage user, you are still responsible for paying your Medicare Part B premium, which will be at least $170.10 in 2022. (Most people pay this standard amount, but if your income exceeds a certain limit, you will have to pay more.)
Other expenses to consider include:
- If the plan covers part of your monthly Medicare Part B premium.
- The plan’s annual deductibles and any other deductibles, such as a drug deductible.
Co-payments and/or coinsurance for each visit or service. For example, there may be a $10 copay to see your GP and a $45 copay to see a specialist. Caps are redeemable in and out of the plane’s network. Whether or not your Wellcare Medicare Providers are connected to the network and how often you can go off-grid for treatment.
If you need additional services and the plan charges for them. To get an idea of costs, use the Medicare Plan Finder to compare information between plans available in your area. You can select by the insurer to view only plans or compare between companies. You can also shop directly on the website at www.wellcare.com by entering your zip code and comparing available prices.
Contact Customer Service
Wellcare Medicare members can contact customer service for their plan in the following ways:
Submit a question via a contact form.
- Call 800-960-2530 for general questions.
- Call your Wellcare card membership number.
Visit your state’s Wellcare Medicare page (search for “Wellcare” and your state) and select Contact Us. This page contains phone numbers for current and potential Medicare members, as well as the state’s Nurse Counseling Hotline and State Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline, depending on the state.
WellCare Service Area
In total, Centene offers Medicare Advantage plans in 1,575 counties or nearly half of the counties in the United States. Centene offers Medicare Advantage plans in 36 states and Medicare prescription drug plans in exactly 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Along with a few other insurance companies, Centene is the country’s seventh-largest health insurer. The company is also the country’s fifth-largest for-profit health insurer. With the Wellcare acquisition and nearly 200,000 new members, Centene Medicare Advantage now serves almost 1.1 million Medicare beneficiaries.
What Does Wellcare Medicare Part D Plans Cover?
CMS regulates all Medicare Part D plans, which must cover a wide array of prescription drugs taken by Medicare beneficiaries. Plan prescriptions (drug lists) are broken down based on cost and categorized accordingly. Generic drugs are part of the lower tiers, and branded drugs and specialty drugs are part of the higher tiers.
As with most Medicare Part D plans, Wellcare Medicare plans include a coverage gap that starts when you and your plan spend a certain amount ($4,430 in 2022) on prescription drugs and ends when you spend $7,050. $ and you enter the catastrophic coverage period. You then pay a small percentage of coinsurance, or usage fees, for the drugs you need until the end of the year.
You may have to pay up to 25% of the cost of the drug if you are in the donut hole. Your share of the cost of each prescription drug may vary depending on the pharmacy you choose, the drug level, and the start of each phase of coverage.
You must meet your annual deductible before your plan reimburses you. Wellcare Medicare Part D plans include:
- Discounts for preferred retail pharmacies and three-month prescriptions.
- One-month and three-month postal prescription options
- Subsidy for those receiving additional assistance to use a pharmacy
- Savings program for seniors on certain insulins to keep your costs below $35/month.
Details About Wellcare
WellCare Health Plans, Inc. is an American health insurance company that provides managed care services to its members in the United States primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and Medicare prescription drug plans.
WellCare’s headquarters are in Tampa, Florida, where it was founded in 1985. Centene Corporation acquired WellCare in January 2020. A provider of Medicaid to Florida, WellCare was founded in 1985 in Tampa, Florida. The company was purchased by Kiran Patel, a cardiologist, and entrepreneur, in 1992.
In 2002, Patel sold it to a New York investment group led by George Soros and Todd Farha. He also became CEO of the company in 2002. In 2004, it became a public company through an IPO. In 2006, following the signing of the Medicare Prescription Drugs and Modernization Act in 2003, Wellcare Medicare began offering prescription drug coverage under its Medicare Advantage plans.
A Medicare Part D plan was also introduced by WellCare in 2006. Wellcare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading multinational healthcare company dedicated to transforming community health, one person at a time. Effective January 1, 2022, Centene’s Medicare brands, including Allwell, Health Net, Fidelis Care, Trillium Advantage, ‘Ohana Health Plan, and TexanPlus, will revert to the Wellcare brand.