With this program, you receive a comprehensive medication review, which is a one-on-one meeting with a pharmacist where all of your prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, herbal treatments, and dietary supplements are discussed to ensure they all work. Good. together.
With the acquisition of Wellcare by Centene Corporation in January 2020, Centene is now the largest federally sponsored healthcare provider in the United States. health programs. Wellcare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a multinational healthcare company dedicated to transforming community health, one person at a time.
- Wellcare members can contact customer service for their plan in the following ways:
- Submit a question via a contact form.
- Call 800-960-2530 for general questions.
- Call your Wellcare card membership number.
- Visit your state’s Wellcare page (search for “Wellcare” and your state) and select Contact Us. This page contains phone numbers for current and potential Medicare members, as well as the state’s Nurse Counseling Hotline and State Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline, depending on the state.
WellCare Service Area
- Wellcare offers Medicare Advantage plans in 36 states and Medicare prescription drug plans in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Overall, Centene offers Medicare Advantage plans in 1,575 counties, nearly half of all counties in the United States.
- Centene is the seventh-largest health insurer in the country, along with a few other companies, and the fifth largest for-profit health insurer. About 1.1 million Medicare beneficiaries are enrolled in a Centene Medicare Advantage plan, and the company added 773,000 new members for the 2021 plan year as a result of the Wellcare acquisition and nearly 200,000 new enrollments.